Friday, March 21, 2014

Truly a Piece to a Treasure


 Close to a year ago my husband and I found ourselves at an estate sale.  We'd decided to go garage sale shopping on the spur of the moment and ended up at one that was really an estate sale.  When we left we'd bought this little end table.  We didn't have a need for it; we didn't have a spot for it...but we had an end table.  You can see part of it here in this picture.  It's missing a handle, but it had great details.  It has a marble top that was near to impossible to coordinate to a paint color.  I have gone over and over in my mind what I wanted to do with this little thing as far as paint colors go and had never come up with something that just hit the mark.  It's sat in my garage as a small paint can holding table and resident dust collector.  That was until a friend said they needed an end table.  Suddenly it had a purpose.


That's where it's story takes a turn.  The new owner's color preference was Traverse City Cherry by CeCe Caldwell that I've used on a couple pieces in my home.  Trouble is the marble top...not a good match.  So we discussed a new inlaid top that I was planning to dress up with some of Maison Blanche's Glacage and a bit of texturing. 



A little cow hide template made on my Silhouette with contact paper (yeah, that was a pain...note for next time *TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!) add some Glacage, Maison Blanche's Wrought Iron and Chocolat furniture paint, dark wax and clear wax mixed with bronze and gold mica dust for shimmer and it had it's new top.

Next was a paint job on it's body...


Of course it had to be distressed!!!  I cannot paint any furniture without adding the distressing.  Way too perfect without it!

Add a little dark wax in strategic spots and follow that with a full coat of clear wax.



Throw in a bit of elbow grease in the form of buffing and that old piece of furniture turns into...


PRETTY...


GORGEOUS...


LOVELY...

 
BEAUTIFUL...
 

TREASURE!!!

Now I have to send this home.  I may have to shed a tear...ok, maybe not.  In case you're wondering...I'm leaving the choice of drawer pulls to the new owner.  For now it's time to say "So long!!!"

Till the next transformation...


Jennifer

0 comments:

Post a Comment