Tuesday, September 25, 2012

And it begins...


Have you stopped off at The Concrete Cottage?  It's my little Sis' blog.  She is my inspiration all the time.  I CASE so many of her things.  Well, now she's gone and done it.  She got me started on chalk paint.  She loves Annie Sloan's brand.  I, however, cannot afford Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.  So I did some research and found a recipe for some.  I tried it out and it worked wonders!!!  I love it.  So...inspiration #1.

Then, this week she posted some of the cabinets she's working on.  She's putting them in her laundry room to make it a laundry/craft room.  Inspiration #2!!!!

I have wanted to change my cabinets for several years now.  It's an expensive process and I can't put that much money up front right now.  But...I can use some chalk paint that I've already made up and all it costs me is time and effort...so here's the start.




 
Here's all the before shots...well, not a close up, but you get the picture...love the pun!!!


And the first coat goes on...!!!
 
This will be a long process.  I will update as I go along, but it'll take a while.  Just think, in a year (hopefully less) I can look back and say..."Remember when..."!!!
 
 
Jennifer


0 comments:

Post a Comment